Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Get answers to common questions and more specific situations about all kinds of businesses.

How do I apply for the Urban Enterprise Zones (UEZ) Manufacturers Energy Sales Tax Exemption?

Certified manufacturers that employ at least 250 full-time workers, at least 50% of whom are involved in the manufacturing process, may be eligible for an exemption from the sales and use tax for electricity and natural gas utilities, both the commodity and its transmission, consumed at the UEZ-certified location. The application is on the Economic Development Authority website.

All other UEZ inquires go to the Department of Community Affairs.

Was this helpful? You can also reach out to us via chat by clicking or phone at 1-800-JERSEY-7.