Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Get answers to common questions and more specific situations about all kinds of businesses.

Can my business get a property tax abatement?

Payment In Lieu of Taxes/Long Term Property Tax Abatement

This abatement is negotiated in advance and requires the municipality to pass an ordinance authorizing the abatement. The property tax abatement is provided in the form of annual payments in Lieu of Taxes (PILOT) and the term is negotiated with the municipality.

At your request, the BAC can assist in your negotiations with the host municipality. Call (609) 292-1636 to speak with a Business Advocate.

Was this helpful? You can also reach out to us via chat by clicking or phone at 1-800-JERSEY-7.